Hayling Island Baptist Church was planted in 1994 at Hayling Island Community Centre (HICC). From the start, it drew people who were passionate about forming a Christian community that loves God and cares visibly for one another and the people of Hayling Island.
We are a contemporary church that caters for the whole family. We also value the traditions of the past, and honour them as we seek to engage meaningfully with God and one another. Some of the ways we do this include:
* holding weekly services every Sunday at 10am @ HICC
* hosting weekly Discipleship Groups (D-Groups) in members' homes to study the bible and support one another in figuring out what it means to live a Christian life in the world today
* hosting various prayer activities to cover local and international needs
* running family fun days in the holidays
* offering communion to members who are housebound
* working together with Hayling Holiday lunches as they cater for, and deliver to, families in need on the island
* hosting various special events, like socials, Christmas Carols, fundraisers (or is that fun-raisers?) for various charities, like Rowans Hospice, Open the Book, and mission activities in Africa that some of our members are involved with. These include afternoon teas, stalls at markets, skittles evenings, murder mystery dinners, quiz evenings, and more!
We work within Churches Together on Hayling Island. Praise on the Plaza, Lent Lunches (to raise funds for Christian Aid and CAFDA), the Good Friday March of Faith, ecumenical services and prayer events - these are just some of the ways we unite with our neighbouring churches in worship and service.
To keep up to date with all the latest information 'Like' our Facebook Page
Our very first service 04/09/1994